Whether it’s gathering in the modern lecture theatre to learn about the wildlife that you are about to see, photographing whales from its viewing platforms or preparing for your next shore excursion, the Greg Mortimer takes expedition cruising to a new level.
At just 340 feet (104 meters) long, the Greg Mortimer carries a maximum of 120 expeditioners to the polar regions. As one of the smallest ships in the polar expedition cruising fleet, its size and modern ice-strengthened hull (Class 1A, one category below a full ice-breaker) give you the ability to explore those places that larger ships can’t reach.
Exclusively designed for expedition cruising, the Greg Mortimer provides an authentic, small-ship experience. Thanks to its unique, patented X-Bow®, it is capable of fast, comfortable transit speeds with less fuel consumption and reduced emissions.
Designed to the latest Polar Code for non-intrusive, low-impact voyages, the Greg Mortimer features:
• Fuel-efficient Ulstein X-Bow®
• Reduced air emissions and light pollution
• Virtual anchoring for protection of the sea floor
• Reduced onboard plastic use
• Onboard water production
• Strict, onboard waste management
SHIP SPECIFICATIONS :
· Passengers: 120-160
· Staff and crew: 74
· Length: 104m / 341ft
· Year build : 2019
· Class : Infinity Ulstein CX103 (Ice -strengthened)
· Owner : SunStone Ships Inc
· Operator : Aurora Expeditions Australia
· Speed : 16kn / 30 kph / 18 mph
· Builder : CMIH -China (Merchants Heavy Industry)
· Cabins : 80
· Decks : 10